Monday, February 28, 2011

Thrifting at the Antique Co-Op

The Craft Antique Co-Op is an enormous Antiques Mall in the town of Greece just north of Rochester.  We try to pop in every time we travel back to Rochester.  The weekend before last Computer Genius and I managed to spend several hours sans children strolling the hundreds of booths there.

These are some of the things we saw.  It's Rochester, the birthplace of Kodak, so we saw tons of vintage cameras in several booths.

I loved this adorable canister set, but CG gave me "the look" so I set it down.  The little one had a tiny chip on the back of it, but I thought $9.95 for the set was a steal.

This little juice carafe was only $8.11.

Can you imagine taking this old Tube Radio, selling for $59.99, and turning it into a funky dry bar?  I can.

There was a ton of really neat furniture being sold.  I thought the legs on this marble topped table were interesting.

And what an unusual little chair.  I'd never seen a chair with a leg in front like that.  I wonder if it was just a "look" or if there was some purpose to it.

This abalone and resin tabletop was really pretty in person.

I loved this chest.  The inside was papered in calligraphy.  It was priced at $200, but everything in this booth was 20% off.

Several artists have booths at the Co-Op, also.  I loved the photography by Dave Beadling.  He's currently showing at the Braddock Bay Gallery.

Don Strenz woodworking had some really gorgeous pieces available.  Several boxes and cutting boards of every imaginable shape like these guitar shaped ones.

What about this chevron one?  Love it!

So what did I leave with?  A couple of framed artworks that I bought for the frames, a candy dish, some jewelry, and some gifts for friends.  I have a project in the works for those frames which I hope to reveal sometime next week.

Thanks for popping in and thrifting with me.  I'm joining Little Red House's Mosaic Monday, and Pink Postcards' Transformations and Treasures.
 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/HOGPhotobucket

18 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun place to visit-especially sans children:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place looks really neat and it sounds like you got some nice things. I love that juice pitcher. We had one of those when I was growing up. I have always thought that they were pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know me, thrifting is an addiction. Looks like a great place to go...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We like the sound of that "Antique Co-op" sounds like a fun place to junk indeed! Thanks for taking us along...we had fun checking out everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh what great finds!! I would love to have a vintage camera collection someday:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great place to shop. My favorite is the canister set! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun place to browse. I'm guessing your boys were just as glad you didn't take them with you. :-) The wood pieces are my favorite. I'm not so much of a glass person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love looking around at places like this. I love the chest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun place to look around. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Looks like a place you could spend all day in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You found some great thrifty treasures. Let's shop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is always fun to thrift sans children. It dates me but I remember the juice carafe. Visiting from Linda's. ♥O

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a really fun place to shop! I love the old cameras! Thanks for joining Junkin Finds Friday this week.
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of great eye candy. Looks like a wonderful place to browse. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a great place! I love the idea of turning the tube radio into a dry bar.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sure looks like a great place to go. You showed some really nice items.

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a fun trip! It reminds me of a place I like to go to near the coast. thanks for sharing this at Transformations and Treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. All day today, I couldn't get this post out of my mind and kicking myself thinking this great place was in Binghamton but I'm glad to see it's in Rochester. LOL. My memory isn't that long so how in the heck did I remember this post out of the blue??? I guess when it comes to shopping my memory is better than I give credit.

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!