Monday, February 21, 2011

Roasted Cauliflower

I was glad to see how many people wrote to let me know they tried my Oven-Baked Crispy Fried Chicken recipe the other day.  A couple of readers also asked about the roasted cauliflower I served with the chicken.

I start by cutting a head of cauliflower into florets,

place them on a baking sheet, and drizzle them with olive oil.  I place the cauliflower in a 400 oven for 30 minutes.

While the cauliflower is roasting, I mix together the honey mustard dressing.  I like using local honey, because it's supposed to help with seasonal allergies.  This is the brand I have in my pantry right now.

I mixed 1/4 cup of honey with 1/4 cup of spicy brown mustard.

After 30 minutes, the cauliflower starts to brown and is ready for the dressing.  Toss the cauliflower with the dressing and place back in the oven for 15 minutes.
The cauliflower will come out sweet and tangy.  Whirling Dervish asked for seconds and he doesn't usually enjoy cauliflower.

Thanks for popping in and cooking with me.  I'm linking this up to Gluten-Free Homemaker's Gluten-Free Wednesdays.
H‘nSFCC


Tuesday Night Supper Club





Editorial Note:  I just got back from our weekend away, and am having a good time catching up on my blog reading.  I thought I had scheduled this recipe to post while I was away, but must have forgotten.

14 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic! My husband just said the other night that he is getting so sick of our "standard" cauliflower recipe. I've defintely got to try this now :)
    www.TheMcMommyDiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girlfriend!!! It looks good too...where did you learn to cook like this? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ~ that looks absolutely scruptious. I am going to have to try that tonight. My mouth is watering ;-0

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the third blog which has featured cauliflower I've read tonight, it must be in season in the US ;)

    Recipe looks delicious and that honey looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm. I have a head of cauliflower right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delicious and unusual way to serve cauliflower - I just know my kids would love this and it is a nice change from how I usually make it! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! looks great. going to try this out this week. wish i had fancy honey!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love roasted cauliflower, but I have never had the honey mustard on it. Sounds delish!

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love roasted cauliflower but I've never added honey and mustard. I will be giving this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The addition of the honey and mustard sounds terrific. I'll be trying this one. Love your receipes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum. We've been having a lot of cauliflower lately, but this is unlike anything we've ever done with it. The kids love honey-mustard, so this should be a hit...and I was just telling Hubby about your oven-fried chicken today. Still have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've really gotten into roasting vegetables lately. I haven't tried cauliflower yet, but I think I will now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yum---honey mustard cauliflower?! i have never heard of it...but it sounds divine. i am definitely going to try this...with the honey from our bees! thank you for sharing with tuesday night supper club.

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!