Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Wishing for Spring

Whirling Dervish had showered, dressed, and eaten breakfast when I informed him that school had been cancelled.  He sputtered, "but, I looked outside before I got dressed."  Absolutely nothing is going on outside.  Nothing at all.  But the weather forecast is calling for a fun wintry mix of snow, ice, and sleet for the next 2 days.  We're expecting it to look like this.
Any chance of ice means closing of school, because the buses just can't make it up the hills when there's a layer of ice down.

So with school out, I have my boys all day and probably for tomorrow, too.  That means I'll be switching to kid crafts today instead of working on the projects I have in the hopper.  Speaking of projects I have in the line, I found this totally fun fabric in the red tag section at JoAnn's that practically screams spring.

How fun is that?  I bought what was left on the bolt, so that's about 3 yards.  I'm thinking a pillow, and maybe an apron and pot holder.  What do you think I should do with it?

Thanks for popping in on this extra wintry day.  Hope you all stay warm today.

1 comment:

  1. Have fun with your boys! Kid crafts are always a fun time. I just made a bracelet yesterday out of string. It brought me back to being a counselor for a youth summer camp.

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!