Friday, February 4, 2011

Woohoo!

I was so surprised the other day when Vintage Gal awarded me with the Stylish Blogger Award.  Thank you Marianne!

Who knew that anyone was enjoying my random musings so much?  In fact I was so flummoxed, that I sat on the award for a few days before writing this post.  The way the Stylish Blogger Award works is that I, as the recipient, need to tell you all 7 things about myself, and then give the award to 15 recently discovered blogs that I love.

So here are 7 things that you may not know about me.
1.  I'm a gleek.  I started watching during the first season with Whirling Dervish.  He had auditioned for and made his school's version of glee club, The Treblemakers.  Right away I enjoyed the show and ...that's right, I even sing along.

2.  I cut my own hair.  You all know that I'm cheap frugal.  Well one day, I just started cutting.  I figured it's not that hard, and my hair is up in a bun or ponytail most of the time anyways, so no big deal.  I've gotten pretty good at cutting my own hair and even cut layers in now.

3.  I'm always hungry.  Always.  Okay, it's not quite PWS hungry, but I eat more than most men twice my size.  If we're watching tv and there's a KFC commercial or the character is eating cake, I go, "mmmm, chicken" or "mmmmm,cake" and Computer Genius will go get me some, because he knows I'll be a ravenous dog if he doesn't.

4.  I am not 300 lbs.  I had to put this on the list because of my #3 statement.  I did get all the way up to a size 6 pants recently, but since the start of WD's wrestling season, I've dropped 12 lbs and am back down to a 4.

5.  I never wanted a family.  Don't get me wrong, I love my husband and children, but I was never one of those little girls who dreamed of  her wedding and pushed baby dolls around in pretend strollers.  I was too busy catching frogs and climbing trees.

6.  I constantly write lists(so this one shouldn't be so hard.)  My ADHD child (WD) didn't fall far from this tree.  I write lists to keep me on task.  You may have noticed that my blog jumps around from recipes, to crafts, to DIY, to just random musings.  It's because I can't keep myself on any one thing for very long.

7.  I love Barnes & Noble.  My absolute favorite way to waste away a morning is spending it in the B&N cafe with a venti coffee, a snack, and a stack of magazines.  When Snuggle Bunny was a baby & toddler, I'd bring him to storytime every Wednesday morning.  We'd listen to the stories, do the craft, read in the kid's section for an hour or so, then spend the next 2-3 hrs reading books & magazines in the cafe while having lunch.  Other patrons would get the biggest kick out of the 3yr old opposite me sitting quietly with his books & magazines.

So those are 7 things which you may or may not have known about me.  And here are the 15 blogs that I've recently discovered that I'm loving having in my blog reader.

The Food Blogs

The Decor and Design Blogs

The Impossible to Define Blogs

I hope you enjoy these blogs as much as I do.  It was hard to narrow down my list of favorites to 15, but I tried to keep it to blogs that I've only discovered in the last few months.  Thanks for popping in and sharing in my happy, happy, award dance.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the award! :) I'll have to whip up a little post for next week!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! The variety of topics is one of my favorite things about your blog. I am jealous of your appetite and tiny dress size.

    Thanks much for the award!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you and I'm tickled pink...thank you!
    I hope you have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, how sweet of you! I didn't think anyone read my musings. It's just my version of "list making." I can related to so many of your seven! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much for the lovely award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! That was fun to learn a little bit more about you. I'm a shameless gleek as well who lived for glee club in high school!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats...I always like to read a just a little more about you!!~
    I thank you for sharing you thoughts as well. I sure wish blogging was around when my second child was born...I needed more me time for sure. I have plenty now and it goes by so fast. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cut my own hair, too. I hardly ever was happy when I paid someone else and came home to recut it anyway. Plus, I was raised in a family with mom-cut or sister-cut hair, so we live that way, too.

    Thanks for the nice mention!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much! So fun to be in the "hard to define" category! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I love your random musings, and especially love your list. Thanks so much for the mention. What a wonderful way to kick off my week!

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!