Sunday, March 13, 2011

New Party Announcement

A few weeks ago, I asked you all about a new party idea - a party to showoff some of the things you made or did around the house Before Blogging.  The response was positive so I'm really excited(and nervous) about hosting this party this Thursday.  It'll be my very first party.

Here's how it works, if you have a project you created sometime Before Blogging and it never got it's "Tada!" moment, take a pic and show it off.  If you painted a room Before Blogging and love the color, but never got to give it the proper "Voila," then take a pic and show us.  If 5 years ago, you found a potting bench on the side of the road, and have been lovingly using it ever since, then take a pic and share it.

I'm testing this party out as a once a month party.  Every Third Thursday, I'll host it, and hope to see you all there with some fun pics.  A special thanks goes out to Debbie from Debbiedoos' Blogging and Blabbing, who's excellent how to make a button tutorial helped me create the groovy button for my party.  Don't forget to drop by Debbie's Newbie Party.


Sugar and Spice in the land of Balls and Sticks Before Blogging Throwback Thursdays

9 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful, count me in!!~ I have plenty of before blogging, in fact some are in the makings of a makeover soon. Glad the button worked out great for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before Blogging Throwback Thursdays will be a good read! Sounds like fun. I am not much of a crafter, but I will hunt for something to post. Thanks for the party!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So please explain in "Blogging for the Slow and Clueless" type of language...
    - I show off an old project of mine on MY blog on that same day, and then reference your site and the 'party?'
    - Or post a link to it here?
    - And add your button to somewhere on my blog page or just in the day's post?

    I like this idea and want to get it right.
    THanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great idea.Really like your blog. Glad I found it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great party idea! We have so many old (Pre blog) projects. I found your through Debbie Doos, I am your newest follower and hope you will follow me back.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for your party! I'm your latest follower, hope you'll follow me back! Allison @ leomommyof4.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great idea!! I just moved, and I have done some things before bloging, maybe I can find one for your party!
    Good luck!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited that you decided to go forth with the party plans! I will be sharing on facebook :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the idea for the party! Although I'm not sure how much stuff I have... most things I did before blogging I've gotten rid of because I was disappointed with how they turned out! :)

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!