Monday, March 7, 2011

Even More Snow

Today was supposed to be the first day of High School lacrosse tryouts for Whirling Dervish.  After having tried out for and making an elite travel team last year, he's been a bit lackadaisacal with his prep for tryouts.  I made him go out and practice a bit over the weekend to his protests of, "Moooom, I'm not getting cut."  But there will be no tryouts today, because of a snow day, and I'm not sure how tryouts will occur anytime in the near future.  For those of you unfamiliar, lacrosse is played on fields similar to soccer fields.
WD's the little one checking the big kid.  He's little, but scrappy as all get out, and a jackrabbit, too.

This is what was dumped on us last night.  14" of snow.  18" in some of the higher elevations.  I took this picture from my nice warm kitchen.
Yuck.

So it looks like my in progress projects will be shelved in favor of entertaining the kids today.  Maybe we'll go sledding.  This might be the last big snow storm, and it'd be a shame to waste it.  And since it's always nice to spend some time in the kitchen by a warm oven after being out in the snow - I might have the kids help me make king cakes for tomorrow(Mardi Gras.)  Did the big storm dump snow on you or just buckets of rain?

Thanks for popping in.  Stay warm & dry out there.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe all that snow you are having! We just got rain here. Sounds like you're going to make the best of it. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to WD! He looks all muscle. Sometimes small is a psychological advantage because one's abilities and strength are underestimated by opponents. Actually it is kind of fun to prove them wrong, hehe.

    You must have gotten the 2" of rain that went by here the past couple of days. Rivers and lakes are over their banks, roads flooded and huge lakes in the farm fields. The rain melted the last bit of snow. Hope you have seen the last of the snow with this last storm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had rain ...sunny now, Have fun sledding. You know your boy has confidence...that's good.
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought of you last night when I heard there was going to be snow in NY....Sorry, it will be over soon....it's March! Making Kings Cakes, yeah! Hope you show and tell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on the King Cakes! The snow looks pretty but I am not a fan of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow that's a lot of snow! So late in the season as well isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard about all the snow you'll got! Insane. I'm being a baby about the weather only being in the 60's. ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!