Thursday, March 17, 2011

Before Blogging Throwback Thursdays - Let's Get This Party Started

I've got my party dress on, and there are hors d'oeuvres trays out on the buffet.  Fingers crossed that my guests will show up.  Remember this is a party to show off some of the things you've made, done, or bought from Before Blogging, and since I know you all existed pre-blogging I can't wait to see what you bring. 



Sugar and Spice in the land of Balls and Sticks Before Blogging Throwback Thursdays

I showed you Snuggle Bunny's room makeover back in November.  I had made it over while Computer Genius was away on business.  The skateboarder/snowboarder theme should work for at least several years.  When Whirling Dervish was in his tweens, I made over his room from the child like room with felt wall,

 to a NY Jets theme that will take him all the way to the college years.  Raised by Buffalo Bills fans, WD is his own person, and a rabid Jets fan.  We hung a NYJets wallpaper border and nailed half round molding at the top and bottom of it at chair rail height.  I hand painted the football field wainscoting.

I painted out his bi-fold closet doors to look like lockers.

We built a bed with trundle underneath.  It could use some magic eraser action.  I love the metal locker bins we found at Lowe's.  I painted them Jets' green.

His bedding set came with a coordinating striped bed skirt, but we didn't need it with the platform bed.  So I used the fabric to make coordinating valances, and dress up his desk chair.

There are football shaped footholds in the end of the bed.  He no longer needs them as a teenager, but he was a very small tweener.  He uses the one foothold as a special cubby, now.

Above his bed, is a magnetic scoreboard.  I made it personal with his name being the name of the field at the Meadowlands, and painted the improbable score(Jets 42, Patriots 18) in glow-in-the-dark paint.

He has all the Jets branded accessories possible.

WD's put his own mark on this room with  posters,

and autographed memorabilia, but loves the overall look of his room, and hasn't asked for any changes.
I'm linking up this room to Little Red House's Mosaic Monday, It's So Very Cheri's Party Time, Polka Dots on Parade's Wow Me Wednesday, Savvy Southern Style's Wow Us Wednesdays, Domestically Speaking's Power of Paint Party, Fireflies & Jellybeans' Show off Your Stuff Party, French Country Cottage's Feathered Nest Friday, At the Picket Fence's Inspiration Friday, Remodelaholic's Anonymous, and Grunged Glittered, and Branded's Blog Hop.
Now how about that party.  First the rules:
#1 - Take a pic of something from Before Blogging, write a post, and link up the specific post here.
#2 - Grab my party button and put it in your post, so that your regular readers can find the party.
#3 - Visit a couple of other party guests & leave a comment.  We all love comments, so spread the love.
You don't have to become a follower, but following will help to remind you about the next link-up party.  This party will run for a week, so you have plenty of time to link up if you don't already have a post planned.

OK, Let's Party!(Fingers crossed I did the linky thing right.)



25 comments:

  1. Yay! This is going to be a fun party :D Thanks for coming up with this great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I forgot to mention that you created the perfect room for a boy! I'm impressed with the bed you made :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a neat room! Every football fan's dream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea. I have a house full of things I did before I started blogging. The rooms look great and the locker painted doors are amazing. Thanks for the visit to my blog. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I love this idea! I wrote a post a couple a weeks ago about my husband's shirts that I cut up after we first got married and turned them into pillowcases. They are about 8 years old. Definitely, pre-blogging days!:)

    Miranda
    www.justdrinkacoke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I forgot to tell ya that I really like your blog, and I'm following right along! Yay!

    Miranda
    www.justdrinkacoke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Carrie this was a great idea. I happened to have a picture of one of my bedroom redos before blogging, so I just linked that. I am on the run today:) Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful room. and wonderful idea. I've grabbed your button, and also linked up. I also posted on facebook about the party.

    Come say hi sometime, and while you are there, check out how I cut my hair, ALL BY MYSELF, :)

    Bella Before and After , and if you are a sz8.5, and love cute shoes, come enter to win a pair of BCBGirls Hipster sandals ....GIVEAWAY HERE, I really appreciate the support.

    Hugs,
    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I thought I had to come here and do something, but there I was, already linked. Cool.

    Not any more cool, though, than that room! The closet doors are especially great....and the 'wainscoting' and the scoreboard and... It's all wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm your 100th follower! I saw that Carrie @ Dittle Dattle had linked up to a before-you-blogged party and just had to join too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you for the invite, I will have to think about this one, it looks like youo are going to host every Thursday. This is a great idea!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on reaching 100 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The closet doors painted to look like lockers is very creative! I bet his has enjoyed his room.

    Allison
    Atticmag

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Thanks for the party invite. :) I am kinda cheating because I am posting my pillows which I have put on my blog before... but I did make them in my Pre-Blogging days so that counts right? :D lol. Thanks for hosting! Feel free to hook up to my weekend review party again this weekend. Take care.
    Humble Homemaking

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for hosting this party! What fun! I posted some kid's art that I made way back in the day and just last year for my girl's.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the football room! My son's room is in the beginning stages of being an Arizona Cardinals room and you have tons of great ideas! Hope you get to visit me sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  17. aw, crap! I totally wasn't following any of your rules!! Sorry! I posted a link to my son's bedroom that I did before my blogging days and I added your link to my parties! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great party idea! I don't have a lot of pics of my BB days but I will have to try and come up with a post! That room you did is absolutely awesome and we are so glad you linked up to our Inspiration Friday party this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, if that is the cutest dang room!?! Ok, 'cutest' isn't the right word for a football room, but you know what I mean. I LOVE your paintings! The locker is Fab.U.Lous!

    Wish your son was a Falcons fan. Tell him my nephew plays free safety for Atlanta. Oh, and my father-in-law played 11 years with the 49ers. But, good for your son, staying true to his team!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for inviting me over! I linked up my contact paper project.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great idea for a party-super cute room too! I'll try to come back and link something up. Now following you along- thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I MANAGED TO PUT TWO LINKS UP BECAUSE "I'M NEW AT THIS". I'M GETTING THE HANG OF THIS BLOGGING THING, BUT IT DOES TAKE TIME AND PATIENCE. THIS IS A WONDERFUL IDEA! WE ARE FOOTBALL FANS AROUND HERE TOO. LOVE YOUR BOYS BEDROOM.

    AMY-BAREFOOTBLUEBERRY.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  23. Having joined Mosaic Monday this week I am now enjoying blog hopping around the world admiring everyone else's beautiful photography and gaining inspiration. It cheers me when so much of the world around us is in turmoil for one reason or another.

    What a fun bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am in love with your closet doors. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those closet doors are *brilliant*! What a fun and creative room! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!