Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Look Back at 2011

I had big goals for my home for 2011.  Unfortunately, I didn't get as many of those crossed off the list as I'd have liked, but I did have a pretty productive year.  I tackled organizing and prettifying my shoe closet.

See the before and after here.


I created this sunburst silverware clock for my dining room from some vintage silverware.
Tutorial here.

We took a couple steps closer to calling the kitchen "finished" by completing the cookbook shelves
Tutorial here.

and installing the drawer microwave.
Retrofitted installation here.

The gallery wall got a makeover with the addition of some shelves to make rotating out artwork easier.
Handy dandy instructions & the awesome hubster here.

I transformed a couple of Craigslist finds.  The rec room snack bar dresser got some paint and stain,
See the transformation here.

and my wing back chair got a fun makeover.
See the before here.

Thanks for popping in and looking back with me.  Hope you come along for the new year.

6 comments:

  1. What you did accomplish Marcia has all been fabulous! Happy New year to you and your family. I loved that clock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! WOW--seems to me like you've done a LOT!!

    I love the sunburst silverware clock, and those cookbook shelves are AWESOME!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool clock. I have a huge sunshiny clock too--mine comes with some memories. I like the idea of a place for recipe books--must be nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you got a lot accomplished! I can't wait to see what you have in store for 2012. Happy New Year!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure were industrious...great projects!
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!