Saturday, December 31, 2011

Sausage Cheese Balls

 I like pulling out the colorful party picks at New Year's and Sausage Cheese Balls are a classic appetizer that looks great with a party pick.

Here's how I make mine.  I finely chop 1/4 cup of celery and 1/4 cup of onion.

I add 3/4 lb of ground turkey 2 cups of rice flour, 2 tsps baking powder, 3 cups of shredded cheese, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, and 1/4 tsp ground white pepper.

Mix it all together,

and form into balls.

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.  Throw a party pick in each ball.

I'm bringing these to an ugly vest party tonight.  I play to win and my vest is so hideous it'll make your eyes bleed.  I'll try to remember to take pics of the party to share.

Thanks for popping in and cooking with me.  I'm linking these up to Gluten-Free Homemaker's Gluten-Free Wednesdays and Remodelaholic's Recipe Swap.

3 comments:

  1. YUMMMM...those sausage cheese balls look so good!

    I hope so bad you get some pictures from the Ugly Vest party....what a riot! I ♥ parties with themes like that!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot WAIT to see that vest Marcia!!!! Please share. With a description like that, ya just HAVE to!!!!

    Just featured you and your lovely blog on my post today, Favorites on the First.
    Come check it out.

    Wishing you the very best in 2012!
    xoxox
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of cheese do you use?

    Hope you are having a great new year...

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!