Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Blonde Ambition

I love chocolate.  Chocolate cake, chocolate cookies, chocolate pie, hot cocoa and brownies - love them all.  CG, however, really just tolerates my chocolate addiction.  I love chocolate, but I love CG, too.  These Ultimate Blondies are one of his favorite treats.

I start by mixing together 2/3 cup white chocolate chips, 2/3 cup butterscotch chips, 2/3 cup toffee bits, and 1 cup chopped almonds.  I accidentally bought the Heath toffee bits that are chocolate and toffee, but usually I use just the toffee bits.  Set this aside.

I whisked together 3/4 cup brown rice flour, 1/2 cup white rice flour, 1/2 cup potato starch, 1 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt.

In my stand mixer, I cream together 2/3 cup of butter and 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, before adding 2 eggs and 2 tsps vanilla.

Beat in the dry ingredients.

Then mix in 1 cup of the nuts and chips mixture by hand.  Spread into a 9x13 pan that has been greased and lined with parchment paper.

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.  Add the rest of the chips mixture to the top, pressing into the batter. 

Bake for another 20 minutes.

Let cool in the pan before removing(done easily with the parchment sling,) and cutting up into bars.

These are so good with both crunch and chewiness.

Thanks for popping in and baking with me.  I'm linking this up to Remodelaholic's Anonymous' Recipe Swap and Gluten-Free Homemaker's Gluten-Free Wednesdays.
Somewhat Simple

1 comment:

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!