Saturday, December 17, 2011

Cranberry Almond White Chocolate Truffles

I love adding truffles to my cookie baskets at Christmas.  They're so easy to make, yet never fail to impress.  That's the case with these Cranberry Almond White Chocolate Truffles.

I'm sorry so many of these pictures are blown out.  Apparently my very old camera that's pinch hitting for me right now doesn't like taking white pictures.  I start by chopping 1 cup almonds and 1/2 cup dried cranberries and mixing them together.

In a heavy bottomed saucepan, I heat up 1/2 cup heavy cream and 1 tbsp of butter.

When the heavy cream is scalding, I remove it from the heat and add in 12 oz white chocolate chips.  Give it a minute then whisk vigorously.

Mix in the almond & cranberries, then add in 2 tbsps GranGala or other orange flavored liqueur.  Pour into a shallow baking dish and refrigerate for several hours.

When the truffle mix has set, cut the mixture into 30-35 squares.  This keeps your truffles evenly sized. 

Roll each square into a ball and freeze for an hour.

Meanwhile melt 12 oz of white chocolate in a double boiler or a bowl set over simmering water.

Dip the frozen truffles into the melted white chocolate, and allow to harden.  I like to present these individually in mini-cupcake wrappers.

Thanks for popping in and indulging with me.  I'm linking this up to The Girl Creative's Something I Whipped Up Party and Gluten-Free Homemaker's Gluten-Free Wednesdays.

4 comments:

  1. MMMMM! These sure look tasty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look quite yummy for Christmas. Now you have me thinking about white chocolate. I'm about to launch into seasonal cookie baking for the first time in many years. Thanks for the inspiration! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to live at your house. You always have something good cookin in the kitchen! Those look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm with an online vintage dress boutique called Shabby Apple (www.shabbyapple.com) and I adore your blog. Shabby Apple offers affordable, stylish attire perfect for a day at work or play, or a night on the town. We would love to partner with you and offer your readers a 10% off coupon as well as the opportunity to giveaway one of our dresses on your blog. Please check us out at www.shabbyapple.com and let me know if you are interested.

    I look forward to hearing back from you soon!

    Thanks,

    Chelsea Wakley

    cwakely@shabbyapple.com
    (this is only open to US residents, if this is not a possibility please let me know)

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!