Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Chocolate + Peanut Butter = Yum

  Is there any more satisfying combination than chocolate & peanut butter?  There's a reason why it's always used as a temptation on shows like Survivor and The Biggest Loser.  Even with big money on the line, people always end up caving when there's chocolate & peanut butter on a plate.

If there ever were an occasion to chuck your diet out the window, these Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cookies would be it.

I started by whisking together 1/2 cup white rice flour, 1/2 cup brown rice flour, 1/2 cup potato starch, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1/4 tsp salt.

In my stand mixer fitted with the scraper beater, I creamed 1 stick butter with 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar.  I added an egg, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1 tbsp almond milk, and 1 tsp vanilla.

I beat in the dry ingredients,

and flattened spoonfuls of the batter.

I've shared peanut butter eyeballs for Halloween.  For this recipe mix together 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup peanut butter, and 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar, and shape into balls.  I placed 1/2 inch sized peanut butter balls on the center of the dough disks.

Wrap the dough around the peanut butter ball, and flatten.

You can dip these in sugar if you think more is more.

Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes.

And since I really like to pile on, I piped some ganache on top.

Seriously, Yummo!

Thanks for popping in and baking with me.  I'm ever so slowly getting with the times and am on twitter now and would love it if you followed me.  You can find the twitter button on my sidebar.  I'm linking this up to House of Grace's Best of 2011.

Gluten-Free Wednesdays buttonchristmas cheer

8 comments:

  1. NOTHING better than this combo..yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh the combo of true love!! I'm checking you out on Twitter right now!!
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peanut butter and chocolate can NEVER be wrong!!! :) Your cookies look so GOOD!! YUMMMM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. My. Goodness. These look amazing. I have Russian Tea Cakes and Jam Thumbprints out of my system, from making them last week, and I think I'll add these to my 'must-try' list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love chocolate and peanut butter, but my husband can't eat peanuts! These cookies look amazing. I'm sure I would love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yummy! You can definitely not go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter! Reeses cups are my favorite candy. Your cookies looks so good. You always take something I think is going to be basic and come up with something extraordinary! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh hello..... yumminess!!! those look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!