Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Baking

I've been in go mode for the past week, and haven't had a moment to sit with at my computer and visit with my on-line friends lately.  It's just been go, go, go.  I hope to carve out some time today and tomorrow to do that.  Here's what I've been up to - I was called for jury duty - yuck.  I know it's my civic duty, but the week before Christmas?  There was a road trip to Wilkes Barre for an elusive item on my BFF's son's Christmas wish list.  I'd show it to you, but I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise.  I've also been baking.  I made Gingerbread Stars and Frosted Sugar Cookies for the staff at SB's school.

I also made melted snowman cookies

and snowman heads

for SB's class party. 

 How did I make it to his party this week when I was called for jury duty?  I may have mentioned that I carry a knife with me at all times(a leathermen, because they're useful,) and my firm belief in the right to use deadly force in defense of yourself or others when questioned during voir dire.  This was a jury being pulled together for a stabbing case.  I know shirking jury duty is horrible, but SB jumped up and gave me a big hug when I walked into his class.  He won't always be so excited to see me.

I also made these Cheesecake on a Stick Christmas trees.

I started with my no-crack-never-fail cheesecake recipe that I've shared with you here.  Skip the crust, it'll just crumb up the chocolate when you dip them.  Bake and let cool.  After it's refrigerated for a few hours, I use my cake leveler to slice it up into 12 wedges.  You can use a clean piece of wire or dental floss to slice it, too.  You'll end up with much cleaner slices than with a knife.

Next place a popsicle stick into each wedge.  If you push too close to the surface, it may crack a little, but it'll all be covered in chocolate, so it won't matter.  Freeze these overnight.

Melt 24 oz of semi-sweet chocolate, and dip or spoon the chocolate over the frozen cheesecake pops.

The chocolate will set up pretty quickly.

Meanwhile melt yellow candy melts and pipe into stars.  Pop them in the freezer for a few minutes to harden.

Melt green candy melts and pipe a squiggle on each chocolate covered cheesecake.

Press a star into the top of the squiggle before it sets up.

Thanks for popping in and baking with me.

Gluten-Free Wednesdays button

5 comments:

  1. WOW--you've been a busy girl! Your melting snowman cookies turned out SOOOO CUTE! I just ♥ those things. I also love your idea for the cheesecake Christmas trees....they are super cute and so creative, and I'm sure really yummy!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of a sudden Im starving!!! nom

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks so wonderful! I love all your creative baking ideas, you always inspire me, have a wonderful Holiday....I so look forward to see what you share in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THe cheesecake trees are great!!! But I really love, love, LOVE the melted snowmen.

    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooo impressed, you are Martha Stewart, love the cheese cake pops and melting snowmen!

    Merry Christmas!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!