Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Copycat & a Stencil Sneakpeek

I know you all want to see the stencil project reveal, but Debbie is hosting her Copycat Challenge party, and I had to get in on the action having missed the last one because of Halloween craziness.  I flagged so many fantastic magazine ideas for this party, but the one that won out was this one from Family Circle magazine.

How simple and pretty is that?  I love the contrast of the shiny ornaments against the nubby sweater texture.  First things first, I needed to create the warm sweater bowl.  Not wanting to cut up my one white sweater, I found an old thermal in the back of my closet.  It had a nice texture to it, so I cut off the bottom part of the sleeve.  It's now a 3/4 length thermal.  I'm sorry about the bad pictures, but my camera's flash stopped working so it looks like there's an unexpected item on Santa's list.

I just needed to fill the bowl with some ornaments and a blinged out pine cone, and here's my version.

Love this.  It's sitting on my coffee table now.  And how about that stenciling sneakpeek?

Thanks for popping in and checking out my Christmas Copycat.

15 comments:

  1. Fantastic idea! I have not seen this one, but I can tell you, I just love it. Thanks for sharing with the party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A simple idea, but very pretty. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy pleasey...lemon squeezy and really BEAUTIFUL! You copied that one perfectly! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! It's such a cute idea and it's a wonderful copy.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bowl is great! I like the thermal a little bit better then the sweater!

    Tiffany {Living Savvy}

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever idea...it looks real nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A nice cozy bowl for Christmas :) Sounds funny, but it's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great copycat project. I can't wait to see your stencil project because it looks like something that I've been contemplating for a while and I would love to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bowl! I am so looking forward to your stencil project, I want to do my bedroom next year and I would love to use the cutting edge stencils

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS: Thank you for entering my giveaway, good luck!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks really pretty! Can't wait to see your stenciling project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How. CLEVER!!!! I love this copy cat!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!