Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Weekend Review

It was another packed weekend.  It seems like this time of year, every weekend is packed to the gills with fun things to do.  SB's best friend, the Princess, celebrated her birthday with a party at Skate Estate.  The kids had a great time skating, then played some Laser Tag.  CG strapped on a laser vest, too.

The blue team crushed the red team, but it was a bit unfair since all 3 of my boys(including CG) were on the blue team and we actually own a handful of laser tag vests and guns.  SB recorded 11 kills, while a half dozen of the other party goers only recorded 2.  This despite the fact that he was the youngest guest at the party.  After laser tag, they headed outside to play mini-golf and hit the water slides.

Sunday we headed to the Northeast regional motocross championships.  Carrie over at Dittle Dattle was up with her family.  Her son is a phenomenal racer who'll be competing at nationals mid-summer.  Carrie is just the sweetest person ever and I'm so glad we had a chance to meet up.  With as many awesome powertool heavy DIY projects as she cranks out, I was surprised to see how tiny she is.  Isn't she adorable?

We had a fantastic time meeting Carrie and her family and watching the motocross action.  I was so impressed with how fast and how high the racers rode their bikes.

Watching the younger participants was really fun, too.  I had no idea that kids started racing so young.  SB actually said, "Look they're so tiny, they're so cute" to which I replied, "ummm, they're the same size as you."

Both my boys were impressed with how quickly the racers remounted their bikes after a crash.  Sometimes the gasp wouldn't be all the way out before the rider was already back on the course.  My rough and tumble WD who takes slashes to the head, and has had his arm pulled out of socket, had to give props to the riders for their toughness.

I'm so glad we got to hang out with Carrie and her family.  They're the kind of awesome people that you'd want to barbecue with every weekend.  So that was my weekend a whole lot of fun in the sun, between the thunder showers. 

Thanks for popping in and reading about our weekend fun.

4 comments:

  1. Howdy! Sounds like you guys are sure keeping busy and having fun! And how super cool that you and Carrie (and families) got to meet! I go to her blog too :)
    What fun for you guys...yae!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun party! Sounds like your boys are experts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like lots of fun! Love the tiny and cute comment that your son made... I think I'd have to hold my breath for the entire race if my little guy ever decides to try it... no matter how little he is!

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!