Wednesday, June 29, 2011

4th of July Pinwheels

The kids have spent much of this week in the pool, but it hasn't been sunshiney all week.  I like to pull out scissors and glue when thunderstorms roll in.  With the 4th next week, we made some Patriotic Pinwheels.

Here's how to make these.  I pulled out red, white, and blue paper, glue, ribbon, and stickers.

With my paper trimmer, I cut the paper into squares.  SB only wanted to use blue, so he got an 8.5" square of blue.  I wanted a multi-layered color effect, so I cut squares of 8.5", 8", and 7.5".  I marked the center and penciled diagonal cut lines.

I folded in one corner of each cut wedge,

and poked a hole through all the layers with a pin.  I threaded the paper layers on a pipe cleaner, and wound the pipe cleaner around a bamboo stick, then embellished it with stickers and ribbon.

SB embellished his with paper star cutouts and glitter glue.

Thanks for popping in and crafting with us.  I'm linking this up to A Glimpse Inside's Catch a Glimpse Party, Design Dazzle's Kid's Party, and these other fun parties below.
Out on a Limb Tuesdays with Cat on a LimbPhotobucketSomewhat Simple

11 comments:

  1. What cuties pies, looks like fun and the pinwheels turned out so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pinwheels and even better when there in patriotic colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knew you could make a pin wheel, What a cutie! I think I see a speak if mischief in his eyes!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! We must have been on the same wavelength because I made Patriotic Pinwheels on Monday! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun is this! Your little guy is DARLING.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Festive for the 4th! Thanks for linking to Creative Juice this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wondering how to make these. Thanks for the tutorial. They are great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! I've been wanting to make pinwheels but haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe soon. Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea - my daughter will want to try it! Thank you for sharing. xoxo michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these! Thank you for linking up last week at Sew Woodsy! We hope you will join us tomorrow for another fun-filled party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh these are great for any occasion.....birthdays for sure....the teenager is going to love these!!!!

    Anika? come here I have a project for you!! lol

    ~~Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!