Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Peonies Blooming

Summer is finally here.  My peonies are in full bloom and I had to cut some to bring inside.

Peonies attract ants so it's important that you give them a good upside down shake before bringing them in or you'll find yourself squashing a few once you start arranging them.  I put my blooms in an amber cut glass pitcher that I grabbed from an antique shop a few years ago.

I love the way fresh flowers can brighten up a spot, so I placed them in a corner of my living room.  I ended up changing up the accesories on my end table after placing the flowers there.  I pulled my onyx candlesticks out because I love adding candles to a tablescape.  I picked them up at the antique co-op ages ago and love the heft of them.

I elevated one of the candles on some design books that I enjoy flipping through.

I keep a picture of my friend's daughter on the table, we don't see them as often as I'd like, and I like to keep a pic of her out.  The picture stayed.

In front I placed a low ironstone dish that I snagged for 50 cents at the thrift store.

If you're wondering about the table that's peeking out from underneath the accessories, it's a table that we cobbled together with some scrap wood, a few leftover tiles, and a $4 can of spray paint.  Not bad for $4.

Thanks for popping in and tablescaping with me.  I'm sharing this at Between Naps on the Porch's Tablescape Thursday.
Transformation Thursdayvif187
The Thrifty Groove

12 comments:

  1. Love YOUR pink pee uh nees, too! :-) ...And that sweet little ironstone dish! Thanks for stopping by tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peonies are my absolute favorite flower. Yours are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your lovely vignette. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! Ours came in and flopped right over...I was too lazy to string them up this year! I love how bright your are!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the flowers are so beautiful and I really love the color!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love peonies and yours are looking absolutely gorgeous! The lovely cut glass pitcher compliments the blooms so beautifully... loving the onyx candlesticks,very pretty. Thanks for sharing with us!~Poppy

    http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed my visit and seeing all your goodies for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bought some peonies yesterday at Trader Joe's and I love them so much. I love the colors of yours. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love peonies. They scream spring to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty vignette and the peonies are beautiful! Such a cute baby girl too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How gorgeous! Thanks for linking up with VIF,
    xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love those candlesticks! Your flowers are beautiful! thank you for joining TTF and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so pretty! that color i gorgeous!!! popping over from Feathered Nest Friday! xoox tracie

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!