Monday, June 13, 2011

Craigslist Score!

Who loves Craigslist?  I do, I do!  I've been checking Craigslist lately for a pool heater, because our shaded yard never leads to water temps comfortable enough for me to use our pool except for on the absolute hottest days of the year.  Don't get me wrong, the kids use it lots, it's just too cold for me.  I haven't found one yet, but I did come across a listing for 46pcs of china for $15.
I called the number in the ad, and the woman told me that the china was her mother-in-laws and old, 9 of the pieces had tiny chips on the edges, but knew nothing else about it.  For only $15 for so many pieces, I didn't need to know anything else.  Let's face it, I'm just using them to add to my tablescaping supplies, not to get rich on.

When I arrived, she had them all packaged up for me.  She unwrapped several to show them, and I brought them home.  How cute is the crate they're packed in?  I'm not going to lie, even if the dishes were garbage, I'd still be happy with the crate they came home in.

The china is Taylor Smith & Taylor.  They have a cranberry red floral border with 22k gold wheat filigree pattern overlay.  The saucers are well loved, and much of the gold has been scrubbed away on just the saucers.  Some of the pieces have 2 stamps.

While others only have 1.

I tried checking Replacements.com's pattern inventory, but couldn't find a pic of this exact same pattern.  Some that were close, but none were perfect.  If anyone knows the pattern name, let me know.  And if you have ideas on how I should use the wooden crate, share those ideas too.

Thanks for popping in and thrifting with me.

14 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful! Great deal! {I LOVE Craigslist too!}
    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love those dishes. Taylor, Smith and Taylor is very collectable. I am not sure of the pattern though. i say you did very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! My step-mother would be in heaven with a bargin like that. She is a dish nut with more than 200 place settings mostly purchased at garage sales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you! What a pretty set of chine and the bonus is the crate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great Craigs List find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. $15?! What were they thinking? Lucky for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! what a great find and great price. Congrats on you latest Craiglist find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow. that's amazing! now you are going to make me late to pick up my kids since i am going to want to troll craigslist now!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is an incredible score!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a great score on both the dishes and the crate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That was a great find! These dishes are truly lovely. Can't wait to see your tablescape.
    You're making it harder for me to remain resolute in not looking on Craigslist for dishes. I'm afraid I would become obsessed....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great score! They are so pretty.. love that color. I think that crate would be a perfect planter, with a couple of pots tucked inside - x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a great deal! And I am swooning over that crate. I love the words on it too. Good luck on finding out more about the dish pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great find!

    http://jeanneselep.blogspot.com/2011/06/easter-hutch.html

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!