Friday, June 10, 2011

TGIF - Time for Cocktails

I'm all about helping to support the community, and every year when the girl scouts sell their cookies, I buy boxes of them.  Yes, I keep a gluten-free kitchen, but really it's just Whirling Dervish who's on a gluten-free diet.  So there are several months of the year when I might have girl scout cookies stashed in my bedroom closet.  Which ones?  The quintessential ones of course - the Thin Mints.  Little bites of chocolate and mint perfection.

So what does this have to do with cocktails?  Well, sometimes you want that girl scout cookie fix and your closet is empty, and it's been a long day, or even a long week.  Enter the Naughty Girl Scout.

She's not real pretty to look at, but boy is she ever yummy.  These are so yummy in fact, that you won't have any idea how many you've had until you go to stand up.  Did I mention that these are straight liquor?


Here's the recipe.  Shake 1 oz Kahlua, 1 oz Vodka, and 1 oz Irish Cream with some ice.  Pour over crushed ice in a glass.

Pour 1 oz of Creme de Menthe down the middle of the glass.  I was a little messy with this step(tried to snap a pic while pouring,) but even being messy, you'll still get that terrific layering.  These are deadly at a bachelorette party and terrific around a firepit(what could be better than scouts around a firepit.)  If you were counting that's 4 oz of liquor.  Feel free to divvy these up between 2 smaller cordial glasses.

Thanks for popping in and drinking with me.  Hope you all have a terrific weekend.  I'm linking this to Just A Girl's Show and Share Day, and Centsational Girl's Picnic & Barbecue Ideas Party.
PhotobucketPhotobucketSomewhat Simple

12 comments:

  1. YUMMY! You are a naughty girl...my kind for sure. LOL~ Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY MY if I had the ingredients here right now I'd be making myself one (or two or three!) Ha ha! That looks and sounds so tasty! I can't wait to make some. Thanks for sharing :) MMMMMMM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW . . .I will be with 125 little munchkins all next week for Twilight Trails Day Camp and by Friday, I;ll be needing one of those to "cool me off"

    Timely posting indeed! Stop on by for a visit!
    xx
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers to that!
    Popping over from Remodelaholic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, a very naughty girl scout? I want to be a naughty girl scout too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Marcia.... I think I am going to regret ever finding this recipe!!!
    Naughty indeed!

    Can't wait to try it.
    YUM!
    xx
    A

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds so delicious. I'm putting the ingredients on my shopping list. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! Can't wait to try those.
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound FANTASTIC! I will definitely be trying them. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm...totally bookmarking this post!

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!