Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Flag Day

This wasn't a planned post, but SB surprised me today.  Today was the last day of school for WD.  He still has finals, but the last instructional day was today.  SB still has 10 days.  Still it's mostly fun and games now that it's the end of the year.  Today they celebrated Flag Day, and he brought me these from school.

They dyed the edges with food color to create Red, White, and Blue bouquets to bring home.  I love carnations, because they last so long.  My peonies, I showed off the other day have already started dropping their petals.  These carnations will look great for a couple of weeks in the bud vase I placed them in on my windowsill.  That green you see above the stone wall, would be my rhododendron which still have blooms(it's been a very cold spring.)

That's it.  Thanks for popping in and checking out SB's flag day bouquet.

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet. I feel like we have been out of school forever already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! The unexpected is always the best!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!