Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Tassies

Since Valentine's Day is approaching, it's time to bust out some chocolate recipes.  Tassies are basically cookie dough formed into little cups and filled with some other flavor.  These tassies are little bits of heaven.

I start with the cookie dough.  I creamed together 1 cup vegetable shortening with 1 cup sugar in my stand mixer until the mixture was light and fluffy.  I added 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and 1/2 tsp almond extract.

In a separate bowl I whisked together 3/4 cup potato starch, 1/2 cup tapioca flour, 1/2 cup brown rice flour, 1/4 cup white rice flour, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1 1/2 tsps xanthan gum, and 1/2 tsp salt.

I mixed the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until a ball of dough formed, then wrapped the dough in plastic and chilled it for an hour.

When the dough was chilled, I formed 1 inch balls and placed them in a mini-muffin pan.  My pan is non-stick, but if yours isn't you can spray it with some cooking spray.  Using the end of a wooden spoon dipped in cocoa powder, I formed a hole in the center of each ball while pushing the dough into the sides of the pan.

I then made the filling.  I mixed together a 3oz block of cream cheese with 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1/4 cup of sweetened condensed milk.

I filled each cookie cup and topped them off with a chocolate chip. 

These went into a 350 oven for 20 minutes.  After cooling for a minute, these should just pop out of your mini-muffin pan.

Thanks for popping in and baking with me.  I'm linking this up to Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays, Gluten-Free Homemaker's Gluten-Free Wednesdays, and Remodelaholic's Recipe Swap Sundays.

5 comments:

  1. mmmmm...thanks for dropping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - these look and sound divine! Kind of like a cookie on steroids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum, chocolate and peanut butter are always so good and I love the mini size of your treats. By the way, I'm going to be starting a new linky on my blog this Saturday called "Sweets for a Saturday." I'd be delighted if you came by then and linked these up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative! Yummy! Chocolate is my sin. I can't resist!

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!