Friday, August 26, 2011

Yard Sale Treasure

Last week the entire town of Wolcott was having a yard sale.  Main street was table after table, and you couldn't turn down a side street without stumbling across 3 or 4 more.  I promised to show off what I picked up yard saleing the other day, so here it is.  A basket in a neat urn like shape, an ice cream bowl set, a segmented skillet with wood handle, a cut glass candy dish,

and 10 toucan napkin rings.  I know what you're thinking.  They're absolutely absurd.  I agree, but they had to come home with me anyway.  And now I'm thinking up party theme ideas to use them.

All that stuff came home with me for $2.  We saw some other terrific stuff while out yard saleing, but I have enough on my plate right now without bringing home random pieces of furniture that needed work.  It pained me to leave the $5 harp-backed chairs, but I really need to finish the projects I've already started before filling up the garage with more cast off furniture.

Thanks for popping in and yard-saleing with me.
The Shabby Nest
The Thrifty Groove
southern hospitalityHOG

8 comments:

  1. I had to laugh because I couldn't say no to a $5 harp back chair a few weeks ago. I'd never heard of them until I saw them on a blog. Good for you for having more self control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have been able to say no to the chairs either. Love the toucan napkin rings. Practical? maybe...fun?...absolutely. Diggin' the skillet too. Not a bad haul for $2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love big yard sales like that! Super cool :) I haven't been to a single one this entire summer...hopefully next year I can hit some since it's been a while. I can't wait to see what you come up with for the toucans :) Good job on your finds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the toucan napkin rings! I am sure you will find a fun time to use them :) ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. The toucan napkin rings are the cutest find! I would love it if our community hosted a yardsale. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rings are so fun and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great thrifting! Those Toucan napkin rings are wondeful! I wud have bought them for the price you paid for all your goodies in a heartbeat! Thank you for joining TTF and I hope you are having a fun week!

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!