Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Countdown

In the beginning, blogging can feel like writing just for yourself, and then you notice the stats counter and you realize that others are with you.  Readers leave comments and you think, "Wow!  People aren't just looking at the pictures and clicking away, this little blog matters."  And then readers choose to 'follow' and you're overwhelmed that they enjoy your musings enough to do so.  Well just the other day I was checking my stats and noticed that they had blown up.  Dozens were visiting from facebook and a couple even from twitter.  I'm not on facebook and I don't know anyone in real life who tweets, so thank you to the anonymous reader who posted my blog link on their facebook.  Let me know who you are and I'll thank you properly with a shout out.  

You were all so sweet with your comments about my little tabletop vignettes yesterday.  The days until sign was a real hit.  So I thought I'd share with you how I made it.
I picked out a couple of cute fonts and printed out "days until Christmas" on some polka dotted scrapbook paper with the text centered horizontally and the printer set to landscape.
I cut out a ractangle of white copy paper on my paper trimmer so that the number would be seen easier.
I glued this to the scrapbook paper centered in the open space and framed it with a diecut.  You can use scrap pieces of ribbon to frame it out, too.(Now that I've typed that suggestion out, I want to run to the foyer and make that change.)
I popped this into a certificate frame.  I buy bunches of these diploma frames in July after graduation when they're clearanced for 50 cents.  They're perfect for projects like this, because they're meant for a regular sheet of paper vs an 8x10 where you need to trim the edges.
You can use a dry erase marker on the glass and wipe it clean the next day for the new number.
Thanks for popping in and checking out this quick & easy craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!