Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Cinnamon Mango Scones

You might have noticed the mangoes in my fruit bowl in my finished kitchen reveal photos.  If I was a professional, I'd have probably replaced those with some bright green apples(and had better lighting, but let's not pile on ;-P)  But the fruit is ever changing in that bowl, and last week it was champagne mangoes.  I used a couple for breakfast the other day to make some Cinnamon Mango Scones.
Photobucket

I started with 2 champagne mangoes.  If I had the larger type of mango, I'd only have used one.
Photobucket

I sliced the flesh of the mango off each side of the pit, and scored through the fruit to the skin diagonally
Photobucket

in both directions to create diamond cubes that I sliced off the skin.  Reserve the fruit while you make the scone batter.
Photobucket

In a medium bowl, I whisked together 2/3 cup sorghum flour, 2/3 cup arrowroot starch, 1/3 cup white rice flour, 1/3 cup brown rice flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp salt.
Photobucket

In a separate bowl, I mixed together 1/3 cup melted coconut oil, 1/4 cup agave nectar, 2 tbsps maple syrup, and 1 tsp vanilla and mixed the wet ingredients into the dry.
Photobucket

Mix in 1/4 cup of hot water and fold in the reserved mango.
Photobucket

Drop by large scoops onto a parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Photobucket

Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Photobucket

Let cool for a few minutes before removing from the baking sheet and enjoying.  These were so moist, not at all like a store bought scone.

Thanks for popping in and baking with me.




8 comments:

  1. I ♥ mangoes! YUMMM! These scones sound and look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good and I love the champagne mangoes! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't keep mangos around long enough for them to end up in baked goods ;-)... But these look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These would be such a great morning treat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These scones look absolutely delicious! I could eat these every day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! My family would love these for breakfast, I like that they're moist, too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My girls love scones! These look amazing - they would love whipping these up for a breakfast treat!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only criticism I have is that you did the reno and then sold the house! Devastated! I was so looking forward to reading about meals and events that you would have in the new space. I am very envious of the kitchen that you beautifully designed. I often think that if I had a kitchen like that I'd enjoy cooking a little bit more.
    But I suppose the best thing is we get to experience it all again with the new (old) kitchen! Can't wait!

    Lawn Care Sugar Land
    Lawn Maintenance Sugar Land

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!