Monday, June 4, 2012

Roasted Corn Salad

So many summer barbecue sides are muffin top inducing, heavy on the mayo concoctions.  Don't get me wrong - I love me some potato salad, but when being able to hang poolside without literally hanging out is the goal, a lighter side is what's called for.  The other day I made this light & fresh tasting Roasted Corn Salad, and it was delicious.
Photobucket

I started by roasting 4 ears of sweet corn.  Some people roast their corn with the silks stripped, and husks on, but I just strip them completely, brush them with a little olive oil, and lay them on my grill, turning every now and again.
Photobucket

Cut the kernels off of the cobs.
Photobucket

Toss together with a can of black beans that have been drained and rinsed, a handful of grape or cherry tomatoes cut in half, and 3 thinly sliced radishes.
Photobucket

Add 2/3 cup pulled apart lump crab, the sliced greens of 2 scallions, and a handful of chopped fresh cilantro.  I dressed this salad with a tablespoon of ginger infused olive oil, a tablespoon of regular olive oil, the juice of half a lime and some salt and pepper.
Photobucket

Toss it all together, and let the flavors meld in the frig.  This is the perfect summertime make ahead salad.
Photobucket

Thanks for popping in and cooking with me.  I'm linking this up to Gluten-Free Homemaker's Gluten-Free Wednesdays, and the parties below.
Hearth & Soul Hop

8 comments:

  1. Hi Marcia!
    How ARE you!!!???


    This is soooo up my alley, and my family's too!
    We have a corn salad recipe called coyote corn and we have made it so many times it is ridiculous. I think I will try this one this week.
    Yum!

    Thanks for sharing.
    xox
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo sorry to hear about the loss of your friend's sister. That is so tragic ... I can't imagine. :(

    This summer salad looks so good. Fresh corn is one of my faves.
    Karah

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks easy. I could probably even do that one!
    Thanks!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks absolutely wonderful! Thank you for sharing - I am going to try this one tonight. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummm...this salad is making me hungry! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THat corn has my mouth watering... and even more-so when I see the mention of crab! Looking at your pretty salad makes me think corn could replace noodles in pasta salads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this light, delicious and wholesome salad - it's so summery, and yet hearty as well. The flavours you have used in the dressing are wonderful as well - especially the kick of the ginger in the oil.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your salad looks delicious! I am sure roasting the corn adds lots of flavor.

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!