Sunday, June 3, 2012

I'm Back

Sorry about the unplanned absence.  Last you heard, we were heading on our annual Darien Lake camping trip for Memorial weekend.  After having tons of fun in the sun, we came back home to be shocked by the news that our dear friend's sister had passed away.  She was only 47.  I'll say it again, 47.  It's been a difficult week for all of us, and having to think about my own mortality had left me without words and with no desire to take pictures.  We've been working on a major landscaping project, and my BFF(the deceased's SIL) asked if I had taken before pictures.  I hadn't.  She replied that she had noticed that I hadn't posted all week.  On that note, I suppose it's time to put my big girl panties back on, and return to life.  So here are some pics from the fun in the sun weekend camping at Darien Lake Amusement Park.  We always go in a big group so the kids can pair up.
Photobucket

We've spent previous year's stuck in kiddie land like our friends,
Photobucket

but this year(with the help of some very chunky-soled sandals) SB was just tall enough to ride the big coasters, like the Boomerang,
Photobucket

which does some of this.  2 loops going forward, then another 2 going backwards.
Photobucket

The Motocoaster was another favorite of his.  And lest you think I just hung back and took pics, that's me behind him.  The threat of thunderstorms that never materialized kept the crowds way down, so we were able to exit the rides and get right back on.
Photobucket

We hit several non-coaster rides, too.
Photobucket

A new feature in the water park last year was cabana rentals.  We opted to rent a couple of them to share between the 4 families, an option I'd gladly take again.  Along with some much coveted shade behind a gated area, and no need to scramble for chairs, they included water, ice, a large deckbox with padlock, food delivery service, an attentive waitstaff, and the much coveted clear tubes.
Photobucket

What's so special about the clear tubes?  They allow you to hop the line and stay on the lazy river until you feel like getting out.  Something that our whole group took advantage of.
Photobucket Photobucket

SB enjoyed the water park immensely.  He spent a lot of time on the lazy river, slid down the Big Kahuna several times, and even enjoyed the wave pool.  That's right.  The kid who refused to get his head wet last year was out in the middle of the wave pool this year.
Photobucket

You might be wondering why so many pics of SB, and none of WD.  That's because teenagers only find you at an amusement park when they're out of cash.  And what do they need cash for?  Midway games.
Photobucket

Thanks for popping in and checking out last weekend.


7 comments:

  1. Wow, how sobering! Prayers to all the family/friends. Your trip looks amazing! I hope you can get back into the swing of things. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW--so sorry to hear about your friend's sister passing away. SO young....and just so very sad.

    On a lighter note, it looks like you all had an amazing trip... sure looks fun! Steve, Jeven, and I love places like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is sobering to be acquainted with one so young who leaves this world. We have a friend the same age who has been told she has six months left. Many sympathies to you and your friend.

    Wonderfully fulfilling to see our children mature and change. Congrats, mom, you are doing a superb job of raising independent kids. Looks like you all had a marvelous time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure looks like a fun trip ....

    I'm hosting a giveaway over at my blog and would love for you to stop by and participate.

    http://www.myhobbielobbie.com/2012/05/my-200th-blog-post-and-my-1st-ever.html

    Looking forward to seeing you there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot fun in the summer time! Looks like a blast Marcia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry about your friend's sister. Those things hit hard.

    Looks like a very fun weekend, though!

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!