Monday, May 14, 2012

Come Closer

Thank you to everyone who's sent me such sweet comments and e-mails about our finished kitchen both here and on the Gardenweb Kitchen Forum.  I've had a few requests for some closeups, so here are a few more kitchen pics and details.  Here's a closeup of the walnut pegs in the corners of our cherry cabinets.  These are Kraftmaid cabinets in Cherry Lynchburg Mission style with a Honey Spice stain.
Photobucket

There are a couple of upper cabinets that have glass in them.  The glass is Clear Coral from Bendheim Cabinet Glass.  I've talked about Bendheim before.  They have the most amazing selection, great prices, and terrific customer service.
Photobucket

I also have Clear Soft Wave glass in the liquor hutch that CG built.
Photobucket

Here's a closeup of the finial tipped hinges that I picked out for the liquor hutch.  I obsessed over the hardware in this kitchen.  The hinges were an all day decision.
Photobucket

And I love the square knobs.  They have pegs on the back side to keep them from spinning out of square.  Have you ever been in a kitchen or bath with oval knobs that were slightly out of alignment?  I have to turn them so they're perfectly straight.  My fingers itch until I do it.  The pegs on the back of the knobs keep me from being twitchy in the kitchen.
Photobucket

I also have a handful of novelty knobs on a few drawers.  The grapes knob has cheese knives, the tea kettle has tea cozies and strainers, the ribbon and turtle have candy making supplies.
Photobucket

But most of my utensils are held in larger drawers with double stacked dividers.
Photobucket

Thanks for popping in and checking out some more of my kitchen.

3 comments:

  1. I love both the different kinds of glass...very cool!
    And those decorative drawer pulls are TOO CUTE! I ♥ 'em!!!
    Your kitchen is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez, after letting you know that I love renovations, I totally missed last week's post. Sorry about that.
    The kitchen looks amazing and everything is perfect! I'm very happy for all of you.
    Now, I need to go back and see how you bought that fridge so cheaply.
    Great job!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I am exhausted!! What a job, it is fabulous...Over the top, looks like it was done by some high end decorator...I would just be sleeping in my kitchen, fabulous step by step pictures. you must be soooo proud of yourselves!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!