Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Zesty Sweet Potato Fries

Spring is here, and that means more practices and games than I can count.  We're in the 2nd week of spring lacrosse(WD,) the last week of winter soccer(SB,) and heading into baseball(SB.)  That means that meals are going to be a lot more simple with a lot of grilling.  Tonight we had some barbecue chicken and Zesty Sweet Potato Fries.

WD isn't a big fan of sweet potatoes(weird, I know,) but he loves these.  They're so easy to make.  I mix together 1/4 cup of olive oil with 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, and 1/2 tsp ground black pepper.  I peel and slice 3 or 4 sweet potatoes into wedges and toss them in the oil mixture.  Spread them out onto a foil lined baking sheet,

and bake at 450 for about an hour, flipping them over part way through the cooking time.  Nothing could be simpler.  I love the sweetness of the potatoes contrasted against the heat of the sauce.

Thanks for popping in and cooking with me.  I'm linking this up to Real Food Forager's Fat Tuesday, Gluten-Free Homemaker's Gluten-Free Wednesdays.




Shine Your Light

8 comments:

  1. I love sweet potatoes! I'd like to try them with cayenne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sweet potato fries!! The olive oil and garlic added....YUM!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ♥ sweet potato fries....YUMMM! Yours look delicious! I can't wait to start grilling more around here too.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son and his wife have 4 ...10 and under. I don't know how they keep track of all the activities, they run constantly!

    We love sweet potato , fries included!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've wondered about making these. I'm seeing a lot of restaurants including them on the menu. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! We have sweet potatoes, but now I'm aggravated with myself for giving up on the chicken when I woman stood in the way too long at Costco yesterday. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We LOVE sweet potato fries in this house...sweet potatoes are one of the random things we can always find at the grocery store. Have you ever used a grill basket? We cut ours a little smaller and grill them right along side our protein...only because it's usually too hot to use the oven. haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never eaten sweet potatoes unless at Thanksgiving...until last year,I had a baked sweet potato at a cook we attended. It was delicious. I'm going to copy this recipe and try it. It sounds delicious too!
    We had bar-b-que chicken last night...these would have been wonderful. Well, maybe next time!
    thanks for visiting my blog-- and for posting this recipe.
    ~Pat

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!