Friday, January 20, 2012

Closet Overhaul

There's something about a new year that makes me(and most everyone in blogland) think about organizing and purging.  I dream of having a gorgeous organized closet like this one that I've seen all over the blogosphere.

I don't know if it's the shoes or the fun, vibrant color used in that closet, but I just love that image.  If you remember my shoe closet that I posted about here, you know I love both shoes and color.
my own shoe closet

You can't talk about closets without thinking about Carrie's iconic closet.

How great would it be to have space for a fainting couch and chandelier?
Image via

Or what about this gorgeous quatrefoil pendant and large mirror topped island?
Image via

And wouldn't it be a dream to have all your purses lined up and on display?
Image via

It'd be nice to have one of those giant sized closets that could double as a chichi boutique,
Image via

but the reality is that I have a wall of reach-in closets and it's time to purge.  I don't work outside of the home and haven't since SB was born.  Why do I need a dozen blazers?  It's time to get rid of the just-in-case I lose the weight clothes, too.  I will never be a size 0 again, and it's ok to accept that and move on.  And yes, even the purses, could use a hard look.  Wish me luck, I'm going through my purses next.

Thanks for popping in and purging with me.
Stuff and Nonsense

4 comments:

  1. It felt great after cleaning my closet. You are on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. It seems every blogger is on an organizing rampage right now. I would happily take any one of those closets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! I LOVE to clean stuff out and organize....it's such a great feeling! I just had Jeven clean out her closet the other day and it looks so much better now.
    Have a good weekend, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love any of these closets, but I'd have to have an organizer to keep it looking that way!! Happy weekend ~

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!