Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Almond Nectarine Torte

We were invited over to a Labor Day barbecue, so I of course made a dessert to bring to the party.  CG loves plums, and I had every intention of making a plum torte, but the plums at the market didn't look very good and the nectarines wanted to come home with me.  This torte turned out delicious, but feel free to substitute with your stone fruit of choice.  Without further ado, I give you pictures of the yummy Almond Nectarine Torte.

This was so quick & easy to put together.  First peel & slice your fruit into 8ths and set them aside.  I used 5 nectarines.

In a large bowl, melt 7 tbsps butter and whisk in 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 1/4 cup of honey.  I like using a local honey, but you should use whatever is in your pantry.

Whisk in 3 eggs one at a time until they are well incorporated.  Add in 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 1/4 tsp of almond extract.

Whisk in 1 1/2 cups almond meal, 1/3 cup brown rice flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder, and a pinch of salt.

Spread the batter in a prepared 10" springform pan.  You can prepare the pan with butter and a sprinkling of powdered sugar.  I like to use parchment paper on the bottom of the pan just for extra measure.

Arrange the nectarine slices in concentric circles so they'll be pretty.  You don't really have to push them down into the batter, because the torte will take care of that by rising up around the fruit.

Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.

I like to finish it off with a sprinkling of powdered sugar and grated nutmeg.  I process a bit of powdered sugar with a quick grate of nutmeg in my mini chopper for even distribution of the nutmeg, but you can just grate some on top after sprinkling on the powdered sugar.

This torte was so moist and delicious.

Thanks for popping in and baking with me.  I'm linking this up to Gluten-Free Homemaker's Gluten-Free Wednesdays.
Beauty and BedlamAnything RelatedPhotobucket

7 comments:

  1. This sounds soooo delicious! My husband would love it, but I'm going to try to make it dairy and egg free as well. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! This is totally yummy! I love nectarines and this pie is fabulous! We love pies, our very fav dessert choise! Thanks for sharing the recipe too! Hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, that looks so yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe at Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is always filled with delicious aromas! Thanks for the receipe!

    Remember to bring bring one of your projects or posts the Potpourri Friday Party this week. Link-up starts on Thursday afternoon. Without a doubt, your participation will help make the party better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this tart looks so gorgeous and soooo good!! Yum!! I will try this recipe, thank you!

    Come and join my Fashion Giveaway from Fresh Produce!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  6. My stomach is growling. Really, it is! This is on my to do list!

    I am so pleased that you linked to Potpourri Friday. Your participation certainly makes the party more successful . I appreciate you, the most! I hope you will make this one of your regular stops each week!

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!