Thursday, July 7, 2011

Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps

Sometimes when you're on the go, and don't want to grab fast food, but need food fast, the perfect solution is one of those rotisserie chickens that you can grab at the grocery.  After we've had dinner, I'll save the carcass for some chicken soup.  The other day we picked up chickenzilla.  This thing was enormous. 

So the next day for lunch, I picked it's bones for some Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps and then put the carcass in the soup pot.  I love lettuce wraps, and the kids like them, too.  First I made my chicken salad.  I'm not going to bother with exact amounts, because you won't have the same amount of chicken.  Here's what I added:  a stalk of celery thinly sliced, some diced vidalia onion, mayo, honey mustard, dried cranberries, sliced almonds, salt & pepper.

I washed and dried several leaves of red leaf lettuce, and placed some chicken salad in the middle.


Wrap it up, and a couple of these make the perfect summertime lunch.

Thanks for popping in and lunching with me.  I'm linking this up with Gluten-Free Homemaker's Gluten-Free Wednesdays.
Hearth and Soul Hop at the Alternative Health and Nutrition

8 comments:

  1. Perfect timing. We have leftover chicken! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMMM! This looks so good. I think I'll be making it tonight! Yae :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good and I would love it and my hubbie, but my two teenagers won't touch anything with mayo.
    They won't even eat ketchup or mustard....who ARE they, right?
    Makes dinner planning so hard for me sometimes....!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!! My 10-year-old has decided to try being a vegetarian and I'm supporting her by doing it along with her. I thought it would last a day but it's over a week and see no signs of her wavering. I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I could still make this for the boys in the house thought:) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love lettuce wraps too. What a great idea for tomorrow...I sure don't feel like cooking and messing up the kitchen before leaving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delish. We'd love you to share your recipe with us at
    Simply Delish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice idea to use the left over chicken as salad. healthy and sure tasty too. Thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AAaaah Great! Even I can make a chicken wrap!!
    Thanks! My friends will think I am soo fancy now, lol! They know I can set a table, but then I run to the deli or something, won't they be suprised :) wink wink!

    ~~Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!