Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Featured at Atticmag

One of my absolute favorite design & decor blogs is Atticmag written by 2 gardenwebbers, Jane(Rococogurl) and Allison.  I've been an avid reader since long before I had a blog.  So you can imagine how thrilled I was when Allison contacted me and asked if she could include a pic of the built-in cat door in our wine & liquor hutch for an article she was writing about built-in pet accomodations.

Hmmm... let me think about that.  Um, Yes, Yes, Jumping up and down Yes!


Big Props go to my wonderful Computer Genius husband who built it.  I designed it and drew it up on graph paper, he built it, and I painted and distressed it.   Here's a closeup of the distressed paint finish.

We used a leftover hunk of soapstone for the counter.  Remember how it looked at Halloween?

I'll need to lighten up the look a bit for Easter.  I only have our home half decorated at the moment.  But for now, I'm just reveling in the feature.  Find the Atticmag built-in pet accomodations article here.

Thanks for popping in and sharing in my feature news joy.  I'm linking this up to Primitive & Proper's Furniture Link Party.
The DIY Show Off

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! AtticMag only shows the best examples. The cat cutout is a very cute idea. I love the hutch. You both did a fantastic job designing, making and finishing it. Wanna come visit me for awhile? I have so many ideas and partially finished projects Mr. C just learned to live in a project house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job girl! Congrats on the feature!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jumping up and down is a real cute one.
    (like those collection of bottles above)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea! There is no convenient place for the cat box, but this makes it so cute! I host a linky party every Tuesday at The Little Birdie, and I would love for you to join us and link up! This is great! Here's the link to this week's party:

    http://littlebirdiebaby.blogspot.com/2011/04/tutorial-tuesday-linky-party-bamboo.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what an amazing piece. How Blessed you are to have such a talented husband. It looks just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I loved her post on fun pet spots. Yours is absolutely adorable. What a fun and creative pair you are. That cat shaped cut out is way too cute. How fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your feature, that's AWESOME! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for letting us show your "cathouse." My sis (2 cats) now wants one. I think there might be a business with that design.
    It is totally adorable. Jane F.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats for your feature! Well deserved for a really unique and well executed clever idea! The kitty probably things he is at the ritz now!

    Thanks for the blog visit and comment love! It made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that looks awesome! and yes, a new build totally counts! i just lay it all out there in big letters because people were linking up wreaths and such. :)
    i am totally impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, that's awesome. Thanks for sharing at my Swing into Spring party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks awesome. i have a party that goes from tues-thurs, i would love it if you shared this. http://typeadecorating.blogspot.com/2011/04/anything-goes-party-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cool for you!! I love the idea of the hidden litterbox, I just need to get off my duff and do it already....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the feature! We don't have a cat anymore, but I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh!! That is so fun! And so fun you were featured!! Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You already know how much I love this idea, but I'm also featuring it this weekend on my Linky Party Favorites! Thanks for linking up at The Little Birdie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the Attic mag feature! I just love this and would love to find a place to do that for my kitties! AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So he's a computer genius who can also build furniture with inset doors?

    Color me ENVIOUS. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!