Saturday, April 16, 2011

Basil Tilapia

Fish cooks in a flash and is a fantastically lean protein that can be the base of a quick & easy meal.  The boys love tilapia for it's mild flavor, and I love it for it's relatively cheap price.  This is one of their favorite ways to eat fish - Basil Tilapia.

This is so easy to make, I'm almost embarassed to be posting the how-to.  I tear off a sheet of aluminum foil, drizzle it with olive oil, and sprinkle salt & pepper on both sides of the tilapia fillet.  I then add a smear of pesto.  I love fresh pesto with basil straight from the garden, but jarred is fine too.

I slice up half of a small onion to divide up between our 4 fish packets, and top the fish with slices.

I wrap the foil up tightly, and place the packets in a preheated 400 oven for about 20 minutes.

That's it.  Easy, Peasy, Lemon Squeezy.  Served up with some bagged salad and rice, dinner's on the table in less than half an hour.

Thanks for popping in and cooking with me.  I'm linking this up to Gluten-Free Homemaker's Gluten-Free Wednesdays.

7 comments:

  1. I am so blond today, you wrote lemon squeezy, so I Went back and looked to see how much lemon I used, because I did not see lemon when I first read it!!LOL....I get it, just a saying. I love simple! Looks great

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have fish in the freezer for quick easy meals! I'll have to try making it like this... it sounds so good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loks great...I need to stop by for dinner at your house!! :) Thanks for linkingup to Foodie Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boyfriend just came back from a fishing trip with an esky full of fresh fish. I've been looking for different ways to cook it and this is definately one I'll be trying. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting flavor combination. Have to try this sometime. Thanks So much for sharing it with Hearth and Soul Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been a total vegetarian for 20 years, and for the last two years I've been thinking of starting to eat fish. Tilapia looks and sounds like a fairly easy thing to cook. Your fish recipe looks like it's my speed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love tilapia too. It's one of the fishes everyone in my family likes. Thanks for sharing this simple but delicious sounding recipe with the Hearth and Soul Hop!

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!