Monday, October 17, 2011

Pumpkin & Nutella Bundt Cake

I'd like to preface this post with saying that I hadn't planned on posting this recipe, because I felt like I could have done better, but every body else(all gluten eaters) raved about it with 2 of them getting seconds so what do I know?  Without further ado, here's my Pumpkin Nutella Bundt Cake.

In a medium bowl, I whisked together 3/4 cups rice flour, 1/2 cup sorghum flour, 1/4 cup tapioca flour, 1/4 cup arrowroot starch, 1 tbsp cinnamon, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp baking soda, and 1/4 tsp salt.

In my mixer, I creamed together 1/2 cup softened butter with 1 cup sugar.  I beat in 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 cups pumpkin, and the dry ingredients.

I poured the batter into a greased bundt pan,

and dropped dollops of nutella over the batter,

before swirling it in with a knife.

I beat together 8 oz of cream cheese with 1/4 cup honey, and using a baggie with the corner snipped off, piped it in a ring on the bottom of the cake.

After baking at 325 for 50 minutes, I let the cake cool.  I made a quick icing with 1 cup of powdered sugar and enough Vanilla Spiced Rum creamer to make a drizzling consistency.

This cake was moist and had all the flavors of the holidays.  Sorry about the phone pic on a paper plate, but that's all I have.

Thanks for popping in and baking with me. I'm linking up to Gluten-Free Homemaker's Gluten-Free Wednesdays and the parties below.
Miz Helen’s Country CottagePhotobucket

12 comments:

  1. OH MY I am so trying this! My family goes nuts for nutella. Here is a quick recipe for you Marcia. We made a dessert pizza...spread nutella all over the dough, top with marshmellows and bake...OMG! You may know this recipe already but it is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, Nutella and In a bundt cake, how can this go wrong? Answer- It can't
    Good job and take care..

    ReplyDelete
  3. MG! this must be so delish I can't wait to try it sweet girl! What a combo! Thanks for sharing, I'm at MM at Susan's. Have a terrific week. FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMMMMM! This seriously made my mouth water :) You make the best stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me see: pumpkin, nutella, cream cheese, cake... How could it get any better?! What a great idea to thicken creamer for a glaze. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so yummy! I can almost smell it! YUMMMYY!!!
    xx-Gina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never had Nutella, but you had me at the photo of it dolloped on the batter. It looks amazing. THEN you added the cream cheese. I must make this!

    Genius idea to use flavored creamer for the icing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never had nutella - probably one of the few in blog land who hasn't. This is definitely making me want to get some. Love the surprise in the middle, too!

    Pinning on pinterest. :)

    Cheers,
    Tracy Screaming Sardine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cake is beautiful and reminds me one my mother used to make. Thanks for the sweet memories. Oh, and I would not have known that was a paper plate. xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so yummy, Marcia! Thanks!

    Thanks for linking this lovely post to Potpourri Friday! I appreciate you participation, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great Bundt Cake, it is just full of flavor and looks delicious! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a wonderful week and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!