Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Day of Thanks

Today is a day to remember all of the things that we're thankful for.  I thought I'd share my top 7 things I'm thankful for (in no particular order.)

1.  I'm thankful for my family.  We're spread out across the country.  I'm in the Binghamton area, lil bro is in the Rochester area, middle sis is a California girl, and big sis is down in Virginia.  Our parents live in the Atlanta area.  I had a heck of a time finding a picture of all 4 of us siblings and couldn't find a single one with all 4 of us plus our parents without going all the way back to my wedding photos.  We'll have to make that a priority when we're all together in June.

me, middle sis, big sis, (not so) lil bro

2.  I'm thankful for my ultra supportive husband, the Computer Genius.  CG has always been supportive of my staying home with the kids.  He backs me up every time I get a crazy idea to do anything like rip out our kitchen down to the studs or take down a wall in our basement.  When I started writing this blog, I actually didn't tell anyone about it.  It was CG who trumpeted about how everyone should read it.  He tells me I'm beautiful even when I've put on 25 lbs and holds my hair when I'm sick.  Always, always there for me.

3.  I'm thankful for my kids.  Sure driving in circles everyday can wear on a person, but watching the smiles is totally worth it.  Watching Whirling Dervish mature into a young adult this year has been such a revelation.  All of a sudden he's helping without being asked and doing without being told.  And the unadulterated joy of listening to Snuggle Bunny's belly laugh - I love it.  They make me smile.

4.   I'm thankful that I both love and like my in-laws.  Apparently this is not a universal given.  With the holidays arriving, I've read some horror stories about "out-laws."  I'm thankful that I don't have any of those stories.  This isn't the most flattering picture of anyone, but we're eating & drinking & telling stories & having a good time.  The way it usually is when we all get together.

5.  I'm thankful for my friends both the ones in real life and the ones I've met in blogland.  Friends are what get us through the tough times with words of encouragement.  I'm so grateful for all of the readers that have stopped by and commented and encouraged me on this bloggy journey.


6.  I'm thankful for my health that allows me to participate in all of my boys' activities.  Without my health, I wouldn't be able to climb trees with WD.  Not the most flattering pic of me, but hey it's not all about me.

7.  I'm thankful for my home - toys & lacrosse sticks & all.  I love that the boys' friends enjoy hanging out here.  As many changes as we've made to this home, it's really, really ours.

Thanks for popping in and letting me get all mushy.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finding your comments in my mailbox makes me all tingly inside, so thanks for commenting!